Spice Blends in Our Favorite Recipes
Our delicious seasonings have been years in the making, batch after batch, until we found the perfect spice blends of chilies, herbs and spices…and the right amount of smoking to make a great batch of chili.
We know there are other chili powders and rubs out there. However, our products are much lower in salt than mass produced brands, so you taste the seasoning, not preservatives.
We know our spice blends make a superior chili, a good cut of beef better, and chicken a savory treat. We are including our basic chili, and marinade recipes for you to consider. Thank you, by using Misty Mountain SmokeHouse Spice Blends, you are supporting a small business, the backbone of this great nation.
Chicken Chili Recipe (White)
If you are looking for a change of pace to the standard chili recipes out there, this might be just what you are looking for. Misty Mountain Smoke House White Chicken Chili is rich and filling, with a nice level of heat and real depth of flavor. Click here for the recipe.
Best Chili Recipe
If you’re looking for the best Chili Recipe, without question you have just found it. Chili made from our Smoked Chili Powder, chili beans, and a few other items will blow the socks off anyone else’s chilli. That’s because of what’s in the spice blend for our chili powder.
This cooks best in a big crock pot, combine the following:
Dice a medium onion, 1 tomato, 1 red pepper and 1 green pepper
Dice up some raw chili peppers, 1 or 2 to taste (add some more heat if you like, Misty Mountain SmokeHouse Smoked Chili Powder is not about heat, it’s about flavor.)
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 tbl brown sugar
- 30 oz chicken broth (we like the low-sodium kind)
- 2 large (30oz) cans beans (we go for pintos, it’s the cowboy in us)
- 1 to 1½ lb of protein of choice, beef, pork, buffalo, chicken (yum, the very popular Chili Chicken Recipe), or turkey, ground or chunk. (We prefer pork tenderloin or pork chops, cubed). If you want to create chili perfection, add smoked pulled pork)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Misty Mountain SmokeHouse Smoked Chili Powder 2 Tbls (big batches need 3 Tbls)
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of salt (we don’t add a lot of salt to our chili powder, it’s easier to add than take it out and everybody has different tasters and grumpy salt-hating doctors…)
Combine all the ingredients in the crock pot.
Let it slow cook for 4-6 hours, meat should be thoroughly cooked and tender!
Garnish with cilantro, chopped onions and a dollop of Sour Cream. If you invite friends, don’t worry about leftovers…
Basic Marinade for chicken, beef or pork
Combine the following:
- 2 tsp Misty Mountain SmokeHouse Smoked Chili Powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup lime juice
Stir it well; place Marinade meat of you choice in leak proof container and let sit in refrigerator for at least one hour. Overnight is best. Grill the meat for best results. (We really like this on chicken, tri tip and skirt steak, WOW it is good!)
Misty Mountain SmokeHouse Magic Rub:
Coat a Tri-Tip, pork chops, or tenderloin with our Magic Rub.
Use whatever your favorite cut of meat is…
Let coated meat rest in the chiller for at least 4 hours; overnight is best.
Just before cooking add another dash or the rub.
Grill low and slow until desired internal temperature is reached.
That is it. Don’t expect leftovers…
Try this on hamburgers, or steaks. Yummy!
Mix our Magic Rub with rice wine vinegar and olive oil for an awesome marinade!
Misty Mountain SmokeHouse Magic Cluck Cluck Poultry Seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons Misty Mountain SmokeHouse Magic Cluck Cluck Poultry Seasoning
- ¼ cup Rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Give that a stir; pour over chicken (a roaster, breasts, drum sticks…)
Put in the chiller for at least 2 hours, 4 is best.
Grill or bake.
You will be a happy cluck!
We hear Misty Mountain SmokeHouse Magic Cluck Cluck Poultry Seasoning also works well on fish and is simply sensational in soups.
Misty Mountain SmokeHouse Happily Napoli Italian Seasoning:
Pasta Sauce or Pizza Sauce
In a big sauce pan combine the following:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (Go easy with the salt; tomatoes from a can have a lot of sodium!)
- At least 4 cups of tomato sauce (We like to use fresh tomatoes, puréed in a food processor, plus they are less salty.)
- 2 tablespoons of Happily Napoli Italian Seasoning
Simmer on low for at least 30 minutes.
From this basic sauce you can add meat for pasta sauce or leave it plain for pizza!
We also like to use Misty Mountain SmokeHouse Happily Napoli Italian Seasoning when sautéing shrimp. Give it a try!